CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
YWCA Pekin is a proud provider of American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
The primary purpose of the American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers is to instruct those who have a duty to act (professional rescuers) in the knowledge and skills needed to respond appropriately to breathing and cardiac emergencies. This includes the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to care for a victim experiencing cardiac arrest.
The certification, which includes CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide.
This is a blended learning course including an online portion and an instructor-led classroom skill session.
COURSE NAME: CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers - BL
· Must be 15 years old on or before the scheduled session of your course.
· Blended Learning, an online portion and an instructor-led classroom skill session
· Online Time: 1 - 2 hours
· Classroom Time: 4 hours
· Must complete the online portion of the class prior to the day of the onsite course.
· After registration and payment received, an email with additional information will be sent to your email.
· Attend the entire course and participate in all class sessions.
· Actively participate in all course activities including assuming various roles during scenarios.
· Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
· Pass the final skills scenario.
· Complete all eLearning content, including the eLearning written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
You are encouraged to register as early as possible so you have ample time to complete the online course content. Registration less than 5 days from the course will require approval from the Director of Aquatics & Fitness.
Participants should bring the following items to each course session:
1. Print-outs of course completion status reports (to prove videos/tests were completed online)
2. A notebook and a pen/pencil
Contact Dylan Broombaugh at (309) 347-2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.